My sister was born with what is called Mobius Syndrome (Syndrome that affects and causes paralysis of the features)my sister is now 24 years old. When she was born we almost lost her about ten times she was a preemie and only weighed in at about 2 lbs. she is my miracle sister.
Many moons ago we all (my sister, brother and myself) rode the school bus together. The other children did not understand and they were very cruel tormenting teasing and finally my brother and myself stood up and were... lets just say ready to kick some butt. At that moment that I stood up my little sister who was not even 8 at the time put her hand on my arm and said " Don't worry they just don't understand and one day I will be the one to teach them." With that strong statement I knew right then my baby sister was not only more mature than I on handling the situation but at that very moment I knew that she is very strong and going to be O.K. Now my sister is in her 4Th year of collage moved out of state and married working on her degree in Social Services, Phsycology, counseling and in fact is teaching "THEM". She is an active member of a wonderful church. Her and her husband both have a disability they were born with but in truth those who tease and do not follow their dreams are the truly disabled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment