Laugh Your Way To a Longer, Healthier Life

When you have a good, hearty laugh, your respiratory, glandular, skeletal/muscular, and cardiovascular systems all get exercised. Here's what happens: Cardiovascular system: When you guffaw, both your heart rate and blood pressure go up. When you stop laughing, they dip down below normal. It's very much like aerobic exercise. It's why some researchers call laughing "internal jogging." Respiratory system: After a hearty laugh, you frenquently have to take a big breath of air. Sometimes you cough. Laughing is good for your respiratory system. Skeletal/Muscular system: Sometimes you laugh so hard you can hardly get out of your chair. This happens because when you laugh you relax your muscles. In fact, sometimes you relax your muscles so much that you [wet] your pants! _Allen Klein,self-named "Jollytolgist" and author of The Healing Power of Humor and The Courage To Laugh

TO DO or NOT TO DO.........

Call a friend you have not spoke with in awhile. Remember when???



Depression Test

{ A.} seldom,if ever { B.} some of the time { C. } all the time, or often


1. I get irritable or annoyed. [A] [B] [C]

2. I feel sad. [A] [B] [C]

3. There is no pleasure in my life. [A] [B] [C]

4. I am critical of myself or my weaknesses or mistakes. [A] [B][C]

5. My appetite has changed. [A][B][C]

6. I dont sleep very well.[A][B][C]

7. I am less intrested in s*x. [A][B][C]

8. I feel guilty.[A][B][C]

9. I have thoughts of killing myself.[A][B][C]

10. I worry about physical problems.[A][B][C]

11. I have trouble concentrating.[A][B][C]

12. Decisions are very difficult. [A][B][C]

13. I wish I could die.[A][B][C]

14. I feel I have nothing to look forward to. [A][B][C]

15. I feel tired all of the time.[A][B][C]

Now tally your answers the first column [A] has a value of zero. The second column [B] are each worth one point and the third column [C] are worth two points.

0-5 No problems with depression
6-10 Mild depression
11-15 Moderate depression
16-20 Severe depression
21-30 Extreme depression

* Just remember there is help out there, you are never alone, talk to someone! If you are feeling alone reach out of your shell and ask for HELP!! You might just be amazed how many people are out there.

No comments: